IMPORTANT CUSTOMER NOTICE
As of April 2014 a new law BS EN13120 came into effect regarding the supply and fitting of safety devices.
The standard affecting internal window blinds has been significantly revised in relation to child safety requirements. The changes to EN 13120 which comes into effect in 2014 will require:
- Limitations on cord and chain lengths
- Safety devices for preventing cords and chains from creating a hazardous loop
- The fitting of safety devices on cords and chains at the point of manufacture
- The testing of all safety critical components of internal window blinds
- The testing of complete blinds using safety devices
- Safety warnings and product instructions
At RS Blinds we place paramount importance on Child Safety, aiming to ensure the potential hazards posed by unrestrained cords and chains are understood and eliminated. In line with legislation, we have carefully considered each blind on an individual basis, to ensure child safety is an essential feature of the product.